After winning AP and PFWA Offensive Player of the Year, and FedEx Ground Player of the Year, Rams running back Todd Gurley can now add one more honor to the list — Pro Football Focus’ highest-graded running back of 2017.
Gurley received a 91.9 overall grade and an 86.9 running grade from PFF. The honor is particularly impressive when you consider that Gurley received a grade of 50.7 just one year ago. In 2016, the Georgia product was the 53rd-ranked running back in the league.
The top graded running backs from the 2017 season! pic.twitter.com/VS6a8ZCRRs
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 7, 2018
But this year under first-year head coach Sean McVay, he developed into a dual-threat running back with the ability to impact games from the ground and through the air. Gurley led the NFL in yards from scrimmage (2,093), total touchdowns (19), and rushing touchdowns (13). He also finished second in yards rushing (1,305) and racked up 788 yards receiving on 64 catches.
Most Liked Articles
- Rams' Super Bowl chances could hinge on defense, not offense 1+
- Gurley Named PFF’s Top-Graded Running Back of 2017 1+
- Lakers’ Lonzo Ball ramps up workouts but says he still… 1+
- Lakers vs. Thunder: Start time, TV schedule and game preview 1+
- Lakers Trade Rumors: Lakers offering Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr.… 1+
- Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. traded to Cavaliers for Isaiah… 1+
- Paul George non-committal about future, says being ‘happy’ with Thunder… 1+
- Lakers trounce Thunder to cap emotional trade deadline day with… 1+
- Farhan Zaidi Excited To Have A Healthy Andrew Toles Back… 1+
- Los Angeles Rams offseason analysis: Running backs 1+